In 1955 Maline Tile Company was founded by Solomon Jacobs and Robert Waldstein to import and distribute ceramic tile. The name "Maline" was derived from Solomon's (Sol as he was called) niece and nephews; Malcolm, Linda, and Irvine.
Maline was originally located in the garage of Sol's brother in law's house in Brockton, Massachusetts. The company remained in Brockton until 1957 when we opened a facility in nearby Abington.
Maline Incorporated in the state of Massachusetts in 1959. Growth forced a move to Rockland Mass. in 1968 where it remained until 1986. From 1986 through 2000 Maline Tile made it's home on Libbey Parkway in Weymouth. At that time our increasing business volume and corresponding need for additional storage space drove our most recent relocation, to 20 Reservoir Park Drive, in Rockland.
The tile distribution business now includes two buildings with a total storage area of over 60,000 SF. Seventeen people (warehouse and Drivers) are responsible for storing, preparing, and delivering, approximately 10,000 pallets of tile per year.
Five inside customer service representatives now process more than 40,000 separate orders annually. Our normal sales and delivery area is serviced by a staff of seven outside sales representatives and four delivery trucks. This area ranges up the Eastern Seaboard from Maryland through Northern Maine, emcompassing an area of approximately 65,000 square miles. We also ship our products by common carrier across the United States and internationally.
Click Here to view some of our Authorized Dealers